Labels

Monday, June 3, 2013

Rugged Maniac and after party

So, for the last month or so I have been training for the Rugged Maniac; a run that has lots of obstacles, including jumping over walls, crawling through mud under barbed wire, and wading through four feet of water.  At times it kind of felt like a prison break.  I got to do it with my friend Korri, her friend Bambi, and Bambi's family.  Here are some highlights from the race. Rob brought our fam and Korri's kids.  This is when we first got to see each other.  It made me so happy to see the family and feel their support.  It made it such a wonderful day!







 We gave the kids some dirty high fives.










 Aly and Isabelle made homemade signs for us.  It was Isabelle's idea to tape 4 pieces of paper together to make it like a poster.  Aren't they the sweetest?!!
 This was the first wall I had to jump over at the start.
 This is our "rugged" group.  Korri, Tyler (the one on the left) and I pretty much stayed together the whole race.
 After the race, and cleaning up a bit, we played on some bounce houses there.  This is Aly vs Isabelle.
 Robert vs Austin
 Rob vs me- he won pretty quickly.
 They also had bull riding.  How cool is that!
 Austin did a great job. :)
 When the kids saw me training in Utah, Isabelle said she wanted to throw me a party afterwards to celebrate me finishing the race.  This is the party that she put together for me.  Isn't she amazing?  P.S.  When the kids saw me training, sometimes they joined in too.  They were so cute about it. :)
 Isabelle drew 6 ponies from "My Little Pony" with detached tails for pin the tail on the pony.
 We then had a cookie eating contest.  I believe Isabelle won that.
 Then she read us a couple nursery rhymes.
 We had a pillow fight.
 She had made me a present of two cards and heart confetti that she had made and wrapped for me.






No comments: