Labels

Monday, November 12, 2012

My birthday, Fat Man


Here are a few happenings..  Our kids love costumes!

 
The other day, after Austin came home from school, I found him outside helping our elderly neighbor rake her leaves.  He is such a sweet boy! He even opened my door for me after church today.  He is getting to be such a gentleman.



The other night Austin decided to put on every pair of pajamas he had. Here are the first few layers...


Some more...

He then decided to put on all of Robert's pajamas as well.


He was getting so many layers that he couldn't put them on himself anymore and the other kids started putting them on for him.  All of us were laughing so hard, I was crying!  He reminded me of the scenes from Christmas Story when the mom layers out the little brother to go to school.  "I can't put my arms down!" and "He just lay there like a slug, it was his only defense."

 Then he put on Rob's pajamas as well!!  He was getting so hot that he was really thirsty.  He is such a ham, I just love it.
 Robert started getting into the act with the little he could find with the rest of the pajamas in the house.


We did some fun Thanksgiving activities for Lords and Ladies.  Here we are learning about Sourdough recipes.


 We made apple and marshmallow turkeys.
 And bow and arrows out of bamboo skewers.




 On my birthday I was showered with presents from my kids. 
  Isabelle made me about a dozen picture.  She had instructions on activities to do with some of them.  One was a cartoon that would move when I flipped the page back and forth.  She also had a butterfly all in pieces.  I was suppose to color them and put the pieces together myself.  She is so creative!
 Austin came home from Kindergarten that day and immediately ran in, gave me hugs and told me happy birthday.  He ran upstairs and brought back a little bag for me to open.  In it were 3 pennies from his own money.  He said, "This can help you buy a house mom."  He is so thoughtful and sweet!  Then he ran back and filled a sandwich bag with his Halloween candy for me.  Then, he kept bringing me more and more!  He gave me all but one piece of his Halloween candy!

After that, Isabelle was giving me candy and money, even Robert gave me some of his candy.  Now, I don't really need all of this candy, but seeing their generosity was the biggest present of all to me.

 I got a sewing machine YEA!  Rob got me an MP3 player and got me this fun tart for my cake.

As I was thinking about turning 35 this year, I decided I am not sad about my age.  I love that I have been married for almost 13 years, I love that Robert is 10 and Isabelle is 7.  I love where I am in my life and wouldn't have it any other way.  Yay for today!


No comments: