Labels

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

V-day, Robert's 10th B-day, Our 12th Anniversary

This week will be a crazy week for the rest of my life, and this year was no different! But, I did the best I could doing, basically a party, every other day of this week.

Here is Valentines....For breakfast I made pink, heart shaped cinnamon rolls.
Here are the kid's Valentine's.
The ones for Rob and I. Rob also got me a dozen red roses and a running GPS watch :). He also did really cute Valentines he made on the computer and then door bell ditched to make it fun for the kids. This is how I did Isabelle's hair for Valentine's.

Auntie Robyn and her kids sent us fun Valentine's with mustaches and suckers that the kids loved.Talia had fun coloring the walls on Valentine's day. She is too much like her mother!Luckily for dinner all we had was heart shaped Papa Murphy's pizza and some salad with red dressing.For dessert, I made Marbled Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies I found on pinterest.

For Robert's birthday here are his presents.Now Robert and Talia match with their hot chocolate shirts.
I did my best with a Phineas and Ferb cake for Robert.We did a really small party. His best friend moved last week.For History this week I had the kids go on the "Silk Road" like Marco Polo, through our house. Each city, desert etc was labeled. In the play room, I had the couch set up like a little market stand with things to buy. Isabelle thought it was beautiful and asked if she could sleep there a couple of nights in a row.For our Anniversary, I got 12 balloons and printed a picture and memory from each year of marriage and put it on the balloons ( I also got this idea from pinterest). Also, I had gotten a jacket for Rob a while ago, but he never wore it because the sleeves were too long. So, I had the sleeves adjusted for our anniversary.
Rob got me a new pencil sharpener for homeschool! This may not sound romantic to you, but I was so excited!

This was our dinner- cordon bleu, asparagus, plum bread, and rice.The dessert I made was such a pain! It took over two hours to make. I made individual triple chocolate mousse cakes. I don't know if I will ever make it again, but it did taste very yummy! The top layer was not suppose to be drippy like this. Oh well, at least it tasted good!

3 comments:

Rob French said...

Tricia, you are truly amazing!
-Rob

RBeckstead said...

Oh my goodness!!! Do you think you were busy enough?!?!?!?!? I think next Valentine's Day I might stop off at your house - cinnamon rolls, brownies, pizza...sign me up!!!

ShaunaB said...

Yum! Super pictures! Makes me hungry. And now I have more to search for on Pinterest! LOL!