Labels

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dr. Seuss, Lords and Ladies, Talia update

The kids celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday at school this week.

I had "Lords and Ladies" for the first time at our house. I was nervous, but I think it turned out fun. Robert and I told of our favorite facts we've learned about animals this year (since that is what we have been studying for Science.) We then split the group of about 20 kids into 4 groups to come up with questions for Jeopardy. We borrowed a fun buzzer device from a friend for answering the questions.

After that the kids went to 4 stations-

The Kangaroo Jump
Anteater tongue raceAppreciating opposable thumbs
And making animal habitats out of cupcakes.I think the kids go really creative and it turned out fun. :)
And here is my Talia. I am amazed at what she can still get into, no matter how many child locks we put on. She is the poster child for where there is a will, there is a way! She loves to get on her little scoot car when the other kids are on their wiggle cars. She understands so much of what we say. (Like lay down on your bed, give me kiss, give me 5). We love how snuggly she has become and how loving she is with the whole family.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Cuddly babies/kids are a mothers need. I am glad talia is cute.