Labels

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Happenings since Thanksgiving.

So, one of the first things we did when we got home from Utah was get our Christmas tree. I love living right next to Fred Meyer, so we didn't even need to tie it to our car. :)Austin liked to wear the stockings around.We gave the kids their "chinky pins" from Hawaii and they were so excited!We took the kids on some "kid dates".

Rob took Robert and Austin to the Rocks and Minerals museum. I heard the boys just squealed with delight seeing all the cool rocks there.
I took Isabelle to the Nutcracker. I am SOOOO sad I don't have any pics! I told her that we were going to dress nice, and she picked out her Tinkerbell costume to wear. I did her hair up like Tinkerbell and put sparkles in her hair, she really looked like she could have been in the show.
I took her to a restaurant beforehand and we shared some ice-cream. Then I took her to the show. While there I bought her a rose (she ADORES fresh flowers).
I was a little worried if she would like it because there were no words and nothing to explain the storyline but dancing and song. I did my best to narrate for her. But she LOVED IT!!! She loved the beautiful costumes, dances and music. By the end, she got up and was dancing in the aisle during the performance! I talked to some girls in front of us and learned that they were giving flowers to one of the performers because she was a friend of theirs. Isabelle asked if she could give one of the performers her flower. I told her she could keep it or give it away, but she really wanted to give it to the girl playing Clara. She kept wanting to go up to the stage for the rest of the show to give it to her!
When she did give "Clara" the rose, Clara was really sweet and gave Isabelle a big hug.
Since the performance, Isabelle, Austin and I have acted out the nutcracker (At Belly's request), and have checked out a couple of books on it in the library.

We went to Fort Vancouver, a historical site here, and got to learn about some old Christmas traditions and take part in some craft making.You can't tell, but here we are making wreaths with pine bows and holly. We also made book marks.Belly got to do some dancing.We went to "Bethlehem" for our ward party that night.We have decorated a gingerbread house.
I made "Frosty the Cheeseball" for a party we went to. I thought it turned out so cute!
Belly wore her new Christmas dress to church today. I thought she looked so cute!

No comments: