Labels

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gymnastics, Homeschool, Pumpkin Patching

PRIMARY PROGRAM
Okay, first of all I have to mention that my kids participated in our ward's primary program today. My kids have been working for weeks on memorizing their parts and practicing the songs. Robert had this scripture: Matthew 16:19 "I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven". Okay, I don't know about you, but that seems like a pretty hard scripture to memorize and Robert has worked so hard! He said it perfectly in the program today and I am so proud! Also, Isabelle seemed to be quite a hit during the program. During "I am a Child of God" she sang louder than any other kid in the primary! I swear that every person that I looked at in the congregation was looking at Belly, or me, and laughing/smiling etc. I have never gotten so many comments after a program due to my kids. My friend sitting near me said that the best part of the program was just watching Bella. What a cute silly girl.

Gymnastics
I signed Bella and Austy up for gymnastics and they have just been loving it!

Homeschool Outings
For some homeschooling last week I took the kids on some outings. The first one, we went to a state park and rangers talked to the kids about spiders and their webs. They made a web out of tape and got to feel how sticky it is, and then they learned that it is not sticky for the spider.

We then went on a walk to find spiderwebs out in nature and identified orb vs. sheet spider webs. It was so fun and I learned a ton as well as the kids.Our friends, the Ducettes, came too.
I just have to include Bella's cute hair from this day too. I saw a cute hairdo for a girl in a magazine and tried it out. It think it turned out cute. :)
The next day Daddy was home from his two week long trip (ugh!) and we went to check out the Salmon Spawning. We got to see little tiny salmon eggs, hear about how they develop and their life cycles etc. And it was all out in the woods. It was fun. :)The fish actually get to be the size that Austin and Belly are holding!
Pumpkin Patch
So, we planned on going to the pumpkin patch yesterday. It ended up POURING rain! But, with how much Rob has been gone lately, and I know he will be in the weeks to come, I wanted to strike while I knew he would be here. We all dressed up in matching Halloween colors. But, since I knew we wouldn't be able to see any of that with our rain coats, we took a pic before we left.
There was a hay pyramid that all the kids enjoyed climbing on, even Austy!Austy found this fun tractor bike.There was a petting zoo. Isabelle couldn't get enough of holding this bunny.
Rob found this fine specimen, do I smell some competition?....We removed the corn from the cobb,

launched some pumpkins,

rode some ponies,
Robert did not want to show that he was actually enjoying the pony ride.
made some rope,

and had a great time!

1 comment:

Gina said...

That is a good idea to dress halloweeny when going to the pumpkin patch! I will be going to Bizee farms 2 times next week. I think it will be rainy both days.
Stay well, tricia!